OVMS installed on a 2016 leaf, 24 kwh working flawlessly for over a year.
The 12v battery died a few weeks back, while parked at the airport. Since then I've had a bunch of issues. Power management was turned on with sleeps on a low voltage warning.
Firstly the issues:
- GSM module and modem working fine
- No GPS satellites locked, 0.00, 0.00 location as a result
- wifi also working fine though I have experienced wifi ssids being dropped from config after a crash reboot.
- web server auth drops every 30 seconds or so. Eg I log in successfully and the check status or logs and then when trying something else, web server gets me to login again. Very annoying when going through initial setup.
- seems like there are excessive crash reboots though I have been unable to located any info in logs that might relate. The counts have been high.
- lastly, after a random amount of time, the ovms will shut down and become unresponsive until a full power recycle occurs. I thought this might be because of the GPS loc issue but that's just a guess. No power management settings have been set since replacing the 12v batt so that I can ensure my setup is solid first, then will turn it on again
- haven't checked the gps antenna itself yet though, I know they can be quite sensitive so it's a possibility it got nuked with the 12v dying.
Now the things I have done since replacing 12v batt:
- reflashed the module with the latest main release
- restored from backup config (same issues)
- reflashed and recreated my config manually, twice.
- disconnected and reconnected the GSM and GPS antenna connections external to the module
- reseated the pig tail connectors on the PCB GSM module for both ant1 and ant2
- confirmed antenna is receiving 4v on the GPS connection with multimeter, or module is sending 4v down the connector.
- logged a few days worth of verbose logs but nothing unusual (other than no GPS loc)Now Has anyone else been through a 12v batt die on them or had any of the same issues above?
I really don't want to have to order a new module as it takes months to get to the southern hemisphere, so I'd like to get the kit working as it was where possible. Obvs if it isn't possible then I suppose a new module will have to be the answer.
Cheers for any assistance on debugs or solutions.